Are You Wasting Your Time with LinkedIn Groups?
- Make a plan for your LinkedIn participation in terms of number of groups, frequency of participation, amount of time allocation, type of participation and so on
- Research groups based on your areas of expertise, location, sector and areas where you can showcase your knowledge and provide useful knowledge
- Join active groups with a good membership. It is quality not quantity but a bit of quantity has to help your exposure
- Think about relevant content for those groups that focuses on your expertise, something topical, content you already have or commonly create or something or something of general interest to the group
- Make sure your content has links but adds genuine value and is not just a blatant advert for your business
- Post and respond to comments but don’t overdo it so you become a bore or absorb too much of your valuable time
- Add a poll from time to time. This can provide content for future blogs or articles.