Positive steps to Build Sales
I often come across small businesses who are unable to grow their businesses. It’s not that they don’t want to but they get embroiled in ‘the day job’. We’ve all had times when we’re busy being busy. But are we busy being productive?
A wise man once wrote ‘do at least one thing each day to grow your business’. I don’t recall where I got that from but it’s true in part. Actually, today you need to do a whole host of things. For example, like it or not, believe it or not, when was your last Tweet or blog? I am not here to persuade you to use social media but using these methods in conjunction with traditional methods can’t do much harm can they? And they can propel your forward. So, let’s start a list of positive things to do. How about these for starters? They aren’t meant to be all at once. Rome wasn’t built in a day but small steps will get you there.
- Call two lapsed clients to see how things are going.
- Make 5 prospect calls
- Identify a list to target a new area of business.
- Tweet something interesting
- Write a blog
- Comment on a blog or online article in your area of expertise.
- Update one bit of your website.
- Write a press release and email it to a magazine in your industry
- Write a ‘thought paper’ and email it to clients and prospects
- Email your database
- Go on some training.
- Contact clients and ask for a referral
- Go to a networking event
- Add your twitter, blog, website, social media profile to your email signature.
There are loads more. The key is to build momentum in your business. Don’t worry if the actions don’t come off immediately. I believe that doing something positive will create an environment where positive things come to you.
It would be great to build a list of 100 positive things to do to build business. Please email us and I will publish the ideas.